Brilliant And Unexpected Things You Can Do With A Lemon🍋
Updated: May 13, 2020
When life gives you🍋lemons, Be Happy and just take it Easy Lemon🍋Squeezy!!!
For centuries Lemons🍋have been known as the Survival Food. I’ve spoken and written a lot about lemons🍋over the years, but I just can’t help myself! Lemons🍋are one of my favorite fruits. Not only do I love the flavor of lemon🍋on and in foods, in organic coffee and in organic Beers but I’ve found that lemons🍋are incredibly useful too!
Lemons🍋are an ingredient that can be used in many homemade cleaning solutions, because they can naturally, non toxically, sanitize, deodorize, whiten, and brighten all sorts of objects and surfaces around your house. So in order to help spread the word about this highly useful fruit, I’ve put together a list of ways to use lemons. By the end of this list, you’ll see just how much this little citrus🍋fruit can do!
Dried lemon🍋peels are easy to make at home! You can use them in recipes, or to make cleaners and homemade beauty products. The peel of the lemon🍋contains oils that are packed with lemon🍋scent and flavor, and you can keep dried lemon🍋peels in your fridge to use for up to a year! There are over 100 things you can do with lemons🍋but I’ll keep it short:
1. Mask odors🍋 Add lemon peels to your garbage can or throw some down the garbage disposal to ward off odors. For the fridge, put some lemon juice on a sponge or cotton ball and leave it there for a few hours. You can place cut-up lemons, open side up, in bowls or vases throughout the house as a decoration and deodorizer.
2. Brighten cookware🍋 Rub the cut side of half a lemon over dull pots and pans. Buff with a soft cloth and you’ll be left with sparkly cookware. Iron, copper or steal is best to use to cook with.
3. Revive cutting boards and cheese graters🍋
To clean and sanitize boards or graters, rub the cut side of a lemon over the tools.
4. 🍋Soothe sunburns, poison ivy rashes or itchy bug bites Rub the cut side of a juiced lemon directly and gently onto sunburned, rashy or itchy skin🍋
5. Tackle skin issues🍋 For quick lightening of age spots, dab some lemon juice onto the spots for a few days. To help eliminate acne, rub half a lemon on your clean and dry face. Leave on for 10 to 20 minutes and rinse with cool water. (Beware that lemons make you more sensitive to the sun.)
6. Prevent bugs🍋 Place cut-up lemon peels or lemon juice on windowsills and door thresholds and in any cracks or holes where ants are getting in.
7. Brighten nails🍋 For bright and shiny nails, mix lemon juice and baking soda into a paste. Apply paste to nails and massage lightly.
8. 🍋Bleach plastic storage containers
Rub some lemon juice on plastic containers that have been colored with foods like tomato sauce or tomato soup. Let them dry in the sun.
9. Clean toilets🍋 Pour half a cup lemon juice into the bowl. Let it sit, and then use a toilet brush to get rid of stains more easily.
10. Deal with dandruff🍋 Apply 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to your scalp. Rinse with water. Then stir 1 teaspoon lemon juice into 1 cup water, and rinse. Repeat daily until dandruff is gone.
11. Remove water stains on shower doors🍋
Dip half a lemon into baking soda. Rub onto the glass. Rinse and dry.
12. Polish hardwood floors🍋 Create a homemade lemon-vinegar floor cleaner to use with a microfiber cloth or damp mop (never saturate hardwood floors). It’s a nontoxic and aromatic way to prevent bacteria, mold and germs. Plus it will ward off fleas and roaches.
13. Soften elbows🍋🍋🍋 To relieve scaly, dry elbows, mix lemon juice and baking soda into a paste. Rub paste into elbows.
14. Remove berry stains🍋 Wash hands with undiluted lemon juice. Wait a bit and then wash with soapy, warm water. Repeat until stains are gone.
15. Use as a substitute for sour cream🍋
Combine whipped cream (or thick home-made nut milk) and lemon juice. It will sour after 30 or so minutes.
16.🍋Disinfect scrapes and cuts
Pour a few drops of lemon juice directly onto minor scrapes and cuts to stop bleeding and disinfect them. Or, put the juice onto a cotton ball and apply for a minute.
17. Soothe sore feet and rough hands🍋
Mix equal parts water and lemon juice to feet or hands. Rinse and massage with olive oil. Dry with a soft cloth.
18. Help remove warts🍋 Apply lemon juice to a cotton swap. Dab directly onto wart for several days to help it dissolve.
19. Kill weeds🍋 Fill a spray bottle with lemon juice. Spray any weeds until they’re well-coated. The "offending" plants should shrivel after a few days.
20. Prevent brown apples🍋 Lemons can keep apple slices from going bad. Soak cut apples in a bowl containing a mixture of 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per 1 cup of water.
21. Clean your humidifier🍋 Pour lemon juice into your humidifier water. Turn on the humidifier and let it run. It will naturally disinfect the machine and add a fresh scent to the room.
22. Freshen breath🍋 Squeeze a little lemon juice into some water. Swish the mixture in your mouth for a few seconds. Swallow for even more freshening.
23. 🍋Revive stained white sneakers.
Spray lemon juice on sneakers. Let them dry and whiten in the sun.
24. 🍋Remove spots from shirts🍋🍋🍋 Pour lemon juice on the stain and add some table salt. Rub the stain between your fingers. Rinse. Dry in the sun.
25. Shine shoes🍋 For a homemade shoe polish, mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
26. Avoid sticky rice🍋 While rice is cooking, add a spoonful of lemon juice to the water. Cool and fluff with a fork.
27. Revive limp lettuce🍋 Soak soggy lettuce leaves in a bowl of cold water and juice from half a lemon. Refrigerate for one hour and then dry thoroughly.
28. Deodorize cat smells🍋 To freshen the air, place lemon slices in a bowl near your litter box.
29.🍋Get rid of odors on hands🍋🍋🍋 To remove the smell of garlic, dead animals like fish or other odors from your hands, wash hands with lemon juice and soap. (I hope you are Vegan or Vegetarian.)
30.🍋Prevent brown vegetable🍋🍋🌞 Potatoes and cauliflower often turn brown when boiling. Keep them white by squeezing a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice into the water.
Lemons are high in vitamin C, folate, potassium, flavonoids and compounds called limonins. Limonins protect women from breast cancers and pregnancy problems. 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋
Lemons are one of the most popular acid citrus fruits. Their origin is unknown, though some horticulturists theorize they come from Northern India. Lemons grow throughout southern Europe, the Middle East, and into East Asia. They were brought to the New World by Christopher Columbus in 1493. Today, the leading lemon producers are California, Arizona, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Lebanon, South Africa and Australia🍋🍋🍋
Here are some of the known benefits of consuming lemons🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋 * 1) Lowering stroke risk * 2) Blood pressure * 3) Cancer prevention and healing * 4) Maintaining a healthy complexion * 5) Preventing asthma * 6) Increasing iron absorption * 7) Boosting the immune system * 8) Weight loss
🍋🍀🍋🍋🍀🍋🍋🍋🍀🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍀🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋 When Life hands you Lemons... you are Lucky!
Cowboy Don Tolman
The Real Food Medicine Man
Don's Website: https://www.DonTolman.com 🍋🌞🌈🌎👍🍀🤠🍋🍋🍋